What are cookies?
Categories of cookies
Cookies can be categorised by the time they remain stored into:
- Short-term (session) cookies – they will be deleted from your computer as soon as you close the browser.
- Long-term (persistent) cookies – they remain stored on your computer after closing the browser and will be deleted after an extended period of time. (Depending on your browser settings). You can also delete them manually.
Cookies can be divided by purpose as follows:
- Technical cookies – used to ensure the basic website functionality (video playback, content sharing, login).
- Analytical cookies – used to collect non-anonymous data about your behaviour. Using analytical cookies, we can modify the website to be more user friendly.
- Remarketing cookies – used for targeted display of advertising to the user.
- ensure the core website functionality
- remember user settings
- collect anonymous statistical information about visitors
- better tailor advertising and share content through social networks
What cookies do we use?
Google Analytics is a service of Google Inc. It is used to collect and gather anonymised statistical website usage data. This service helps us to better understand the needs of our visitors and ensure their satisfaction. Google Analytics stores information about the websites you visit, the duration of your visit, what site you came from and what links you click. Google Inc. transfers and stores all this information along with the cookies on servers located in the United States of America. Such data does not contain any confidential information using which we could identify a specific visitor. Such information is retained indefinitely. Google Inc. may provide such data to third parties if required by the law.
To install a software add-in which will ensure no Google Analytics cookies are stored on your computer, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptou
Most web browsers can be set to block cookies. If you disable cookies, some of the website features may not work correctly. The cookie setup options can be usually found under ‘Options’ or ‘Settings’.
Cookie settings for specific browsers:
For more information about cookies and their use, please visit https://aboutcookies.org/